Saturday, December 10, 2011

Freaking Out

My sister Rita accused me of not being appropriately freaked out for my wedding a week from today.  Well, I've been sitting at the airport gate for the last hour watching wedding videos of people I've never met and crying about them- does that count?

I just keep thinking about how incredibly lucky I am to get to marry my best friend.  When I was a kid I heard people say they married their best friend and I remember thinking, "Holy crap!  So many people got to do that, it's so cool!"  Then I realized that they meant that their husband was their best friend, but not necessarily that they had grown up together.  Well I think I can say that more truthfully.  I love it when people ask how we met and I get to say "we grew up together."  I always get an audible "aw, cute!"  Yeah, for reals.  We are so freaking cute.

I still can't believe how things have worked out and what a random time table things happened on.  All I can say is the Lord had VERY different plans for my life than I did.  And now that I can see them, at least a little bit, and see that they are awesome, I am learning to trust more.

It's funny when I think about last Christmas.  I was SO miserable.  I was debating going on a mission, running for National Office and getting married- and this was BEFORE Micah stopped writing me.  I tried on my sister-in-law's wedding dress and looked in the mirror.  I guess I thought if marriage was imminent for me I would look like a bride.  I just looked like a stupid little kid.  Little did I know that I was about to start my last year of single-dom.

I am on my home and I am so psyched, not only because I will be home, and because of Christmas, but because I'm also getting married!  Which makes both of those things even more great!  The two years Micah was gone on his mission were really hard for me.  But they were worth it.  I cannot find words to describe how wonderful my life is now.

And now I'm crying in the airport again.  This is really weird.

No comments: